News Briefs

Grants available for Cedar Creek Fire evacuees

Share this article

Thank you again for completing the evacuee intake form so we can help connect you with resources and keep you up-to-date regarding evacuation levels. There are no changes to current evacuation levels today. The greater Oakridge, Westfir and High Prairie areas remain at Level 1 (Be Ready). The Lane County Sheriff’s Office continues to work closely with the fire teams to monitor the situation.

You can view the evacuation map here. 

Read below for information about the grants and other resources.

Evacuee Grants

PacificSource is providing $15,000 in grants to assist wildfire evacuees who have unmet needs or expenses as a result of the Cedar Creek Fire.

Evacuees can apply for up to $500 in grants (in gift cards or payments directly to vendors) to meet a specific need. Grants will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Examples include help with utility bills, replacing food, replacing fuel, etc.

Who is eligible?

The only eligibility criteria is that applicants are residents of Oakridge, Westfir or the surrounding unincorporated area affected by evacuation notices. There is no income requirement and it does not matter whether you rent or own or if you are unhoused.

How do people apply?

To apply, you must call 1-833-669-0554 and select option #1 for the Cedar Creek Fire grant.

What happens next?

After you call, your name and contact information will be routed to someone with Oregon Department of Human Services who will call you to complete your application. Approved grants will be paid through the McKenzie Valley Long Term Recovery Group (MVLTRG). The MVLTRG is assisting with support of people affected by the Cedar Creek Fire.

Insurance Coverage

Some home insurance policies will cover costs related to evacuation, including hotel stays. You should check with your insurance provider to see if any reimbursement is available to you. If your insurer needs proof, you should be able to use the alerts sent by the Lane County Sheriff’s Office via FlashAlert at

SNAP Replacement Reminder

Current SNAP recipients who have lost food purchased with SNAP benefits due to fires, storms, flooding, power outages, or other misfortunes may be eligible to have those benefits replaced. View a flyer from ODHS.

What you need to do:

  • Fill out and submit a replacement form to your local Oregon Department of Human Services office within 10 days of the loss. You can do this by mail or in person.
  • If you are unable to submit the form within 10 days, call your local Oregon Department of Human Services office immediately to verbally report the loss. You will then have 10 days to return the form after you report. The Eugene office can be reached at
  • 2-1-1 can help you report the loss and submit the form. They can also help you obtain the form in other languages if necessary. 2-1-1 is a community partner who can help with any questions you may have about SNAP. It’s free.

Please also visit for updates and consider signing up to receive emergency alerts at

Comments are closed.

Lane County Libraries The Power of Partnership throughout Lane County Oregon

graphic: Classifieds

GARAGE SALE: Tell folks about your upcoming garage sale here.

LANDSCAPING SERVICES:  It’s that time of year.  Let everyone know what services you have to offer.

JOB OPENINGS: Need to let the community know that you need help. Post your job openings here.


OFFICE SERVICES AVAILABLE:  Copying, Scanning, Emailing & Faxing Services are now available at The Herald’s office in Oakridge.
CLICK HERE for details.

graphic: Classified Ad Posting is Now Available - For Sale • Help Wanted • Landscaping • Rentals • Homes for sale • Repairs • Remodeling • and More! - Post your classified ad with us today.

Public and Legal Notices Lane County Highway 58 Oregon


Public and Legal Notices Lane County Highway 58 Oregon

Follow H58H on Social Media

The calendar is temporarily disabled due to a rendering error. Please reload the page.